A five day training for the advanced
After completing the first training you are applicable for the advanced course
This training offers a more profound depth in the material. With as a goal to learn to apply the method in the advanced way of being able to lecture other teachers about the TPRS method (under supervision). This way we want to improve the level of professionality among Sing Language teachers. This training focusses on didactic skills and you will learn how to professionalise other teachers.
Content of the program – lesson 1:
At the end of this lesson:
- You will have revised all the theory of the first course.
- You have experienced the way TPRS works.
- You have received theory about active and passive language acquirement.
- You know the conditions of a story in a TPRS lesson.
Content of the program – lesson 2
At the end of the day:
- You will have in depth knowledge of the Circling and PQA techniques.
- You will know the difference between horizontal and vertical questions.
- You will know how to how to get variation in your lessons.
- You will understand the difference between teaching a first course and an advanced class.
- You will know how to apply Deaf-Culture in lessons.
Content of the program – lesson 3:
Today day 1 and 2 will be evaluated, there is the possibility to ask questions. We will practice teaching classes, volunteers are used to practice these lessons on.
Content of the program – lesson 4 and 5
Everyone will have a lesson prepared and at this gathering you will in turns give the method Sign Language TPRS to volunteers.
It is of importance to teach a class as often as possible, as to make the method your own.
Conent of the program – lesson 6:
Support and attention for the developing of lesson-materials in respective country.
- You will know how to write a teachers-and workbook.
- You understand the use of ERK and TPRS.
- You know how to develop a test.
As for the ending of the training there will be a drink and some snacks to chat over.